Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle!
January is now here and it’s the perfect time to start incorporating healthy habits into our daily routine. I didn’t fully start my healthy journey till tomorrow (Monday) mainly because I was still on vacation and didn’t have to go back to work yet and used that as an excuse. Now that I am back to work tomorrow and back to my every day routine, I want to start adding more healthy habits into my life and I wanted to share some with you in hopes you would like to join me.
- Stretch when you first wake up. I don’t know about you but I never stretch in the mornings which is so bad and I know it will help me Aton since I have a lot of back pain. So starting tomorrow morning, I will be adding a few minutes of stretching into my morning routine.
- Drink a glass of cold water first thing in the morning. I used to hate doing this only because believe it or not I would want to throw up if I drank water before tea or coffee in the morning. However, the past few weeks, I have been slowly trying to train my body into accepting water first and its been helping.
- Get some fresh air. Life can keep us so busy and stressed and it is so important to take a few minutes to walk out and get some fresh air. You can clear your head and hey even get a few steps in.
- Stay active. I never knew how important it was to stay active until the past few months honestly. I am now so aware of how much being active is good for our bodies, for our health, and for our mental health. I spent a few days being lazy and not doing much and I cannot begin to tell you how much that affected my mood, and my energy. I felt so horrible until I forced myself to get up and get moving and get outside for some fresh air.
- Enjoy a few minutes of quiet time in the evenings. For me I love to drink a book and drink a chamomile tea to help me relax and get ready for bed.
- Get enough sleep! I try to aim for a minimum of 6 to 9 hours of sleep a night, which I must admit the 6 hours usually happens during the weekdays and anything over 7 hours usually only happens on the weekends.
I would love to know some of your healthy habits that you do daily.