I am so excited to start this challenge next week on Monday January 2nd, 2023. This challenge was inspired by Project 50; however, I don’t like the fact that if you fail one day, you have to start over again. I know for me, that will cause me to just give up and go back to horrible habits; with this challenge, even if I don’t complete one task a day, that is ok, we will do better the next day and the challenge will still continue on. I am going to change the project 50 day challenge rules to rules that are better for me; after all this challenge is for me, and bettering myself,
Starting Day: Monday January 2nd, 2023
End Day: Friday March 3rd, 2023
Here are my rules and my reasoning for it.
- Wake up before 9 AM. I am not a morning person. There are some days out of the week that I wake up at 5:30 for work; however, other days I don’t have to be at work till 3pm. I tend to sleep in till about 10 mainly because well for one, I love to sleep, and two, I tend to sleep so late and I wake up a few times a night. I don’t sleep good so sleeping in helps me rest up. That’s why I put it as waking up by 9AM – it’ll give me time to sleep in but still gets me to get up a little earlier than normal on the days I go to work later.
- “Me time” morning routine. I want to start writing in a gratitude journal, write in my digital planner and read at least one chapter in the Bible.
- Taking my supplements/vitamins. I feel so good when I am consistent on taking my supplements/vitamins.
- Exercise at least 4 times a week. Obviously exercising is really good for you, and a lot of this challenges require you to exercise DAILY, which I think is insane. On the days that I don’t exercise, I will love to meditate for at least 5 minutes minimum.
- Read for at least 10 minutes a day. I love to read books, and a lot of the time, I will get so distracted on my phone with social media, etc that I just don’t read and I want to change that.
- Dedicate at least 15 minutes or more daily towards my blog. Whether that is working on a new blog post, commenting on other people’s blog post, and posting/interacting on social media/pinterest.
- Drink more water. I am horrible when it comes to drinking water. I know if I set myself up to drink a gallon of water daily, I will in fact fail without a doubt. I am going to start off by drinking 64 oz daily.
- Track my progress daily, can be a blog post or personal notes. Along with a progress photo once a week.
Are you planning on doing a challenge in the new year? Or working on yourself in a different way?
3 thoughts on “60 Day Challenge!”
I love your emails! I love the NewYear! I have similar goals- I need to be consistent with movement and Creativity! I have a space to create- I seem to shop and buy more supplies than I use! I say this because I struggle with anxiety and I want to use these outlets to help with my Serotonin!!!