Happy New Year!
Today was day 1 of my 60 day challenge that I created for myself. I had put 8 rules in this challenge that I wanted to accomplish on a daily basis for 60 days. Like I mentioned in my 60 day challenge post, I was inspired by project 50, however, those challenges are way too strict and I knew it just wasn’t for me. With this challenge, if I skip something by accident or even because I just couldn’t do it or whatever the reasoning is, I am not going to beat myself over it and start over. I will continue to try to do my best with the rest of the and try again the next day. I did weigh myself and I am at my highest of 311pounds (yikes) not to mention I haven’t had a period in over 108 days now. Usually in the past, once I started working out, I would get my period. I am hoping that by doing this challenge and incorporating exercise into my life, hopefully then I will get my period; because right now I feel so disgusting and so bloated.
- Wake up by 9AM – this one was rough only because we had a party at our house for NYE and I didn’t go to bed till 4am and woke up early because I thought we were having guests over, but turns out they couldn’t come till later that evening. I was hoping to take a nap but I just didn’t, so our guests didn’t leave till a little after midnight, and by the time I cleaned up and showered, it was already 1:30am and I couldn’t fall asleep till closer to 2:30am. I woke up so tired, I didn’t force myself to get out of bed at 9. I read two chapters in the Bible, I scrolled social media for a bit then got up to shower and start by day. Hopefully tomorrow it will be easier.
- ME time – I put down for me to write in my gratitude journal every morning, read a chapter in the Bible, and work on digital planner. I had already read my Bible, so I got to working on my gratitude journal and my digital planner after I showered. I missed writing in my gratitude journal. I started writing in it in 2022 randomly then just stopped.
- Supplements/vitamins – I took them all except for my greens.
- Exercise 4x/week; meditate 3x/week – I didn’t want to workout daily so I think this schedule will be perfect for me. I did a growwithjo steps video for 25 minutes today. This was my first workout of the year and honestly my first workout since November. It felt good to move my body again, and I am ending my day now with about 9,115 steps…woohoo!
- Read for 10 minutes. I got Matthew Perry’s book “Friends, Lovers and the big terrible thing” I absolutely love FRIENDS and I’m looking forward to reading this book. I read for about 20 minutes today.
- Dedicate 15 minutes towards blog/social media – I actually did about an hour of blog/social media stuff today and I’m very proud of it.
- Drink more water – I am horrible at drinking water. I would love to eventually drink a gallon or more per day but for now, I’m aiming at 50oz and slowly adding more seeing as I can go most of the days drinking less than 20 oz. I did drink about 55oz of water today, I’m just counting plain or lemon water. I don’t count tea, etc as part of my water intake.
- Track my progress. I did take my once a week body photo today and this is my personal progress journal.
Overall day 1 was a success, I can’t wait to see how I do by the end of the challenge!
2 thoughts on “Day 1 of 60 Day Challenge!”
Sounds like a great challenge to set for yourself. I tried the Cultivate What Matters planner so set similar goals for a few years. You might like that planner, but maybe blogging about it is even better!
Julie Ann Rachelle Interiors LLC
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’ll have to check out that planner. Thank you 🙂