On Monday August 9th I started 75 medium challenge – very similar to 75 hard but not as hard! The rules are more personalized meaning you set your own workout limit and water intake etc.
The rules I wrote down that were personalized for me are:
- Exercise daily – even if its for 30 minutes a day – aim to walk at least 2 miles daily.
- Strength train 3 to 4 times a week!
- Follow a diet for me it will be intermittent fasting – minimum of 14 hours daily (14 hours works wonderfully for me and I have lost a lot of weight just by doing 14 hours before)
- Drink a gallon of water daily.
- Ready 10 pages of any book.
- Take a progress photo daily.
- Take your vitamins!
- Do one thing that makes you happy – for me it will have to be to journal and/or meditate. Now these things don’t really make me happy however, they are very helpful for my mental health and my anxiety so I added that for those reasons.
I am currently on day 4 and I have to say this has been hard for me…not because of the rules but because my body got so use to being lazy for about 3 weeks that it has been hard to force myself to work out etc. Fasting I have been doing amazing. I fasted for 14 hours, 17.5 hours, 16 hours, 16.5 hours so far. However, the working out – I have been doing the bare minimum with walking. I walk about 45 minutes daily but its been a slowish walk. About 1 to 1.5 miles a day – not hitting my 2 miles like I would like but that my goal to aim at 2 miles but at least I still walk for 45 minutes which is good.
Due to my tennis elbow it has been hard to do strength training, but I try to do some arm workout without dumbbells so I have counted that as an arm workout till I can strengthen my tennis elbow and go back to using dumbbells. Even leg workouts – a lot of them require me to use my arms and I just cant put pressure on my left hand/arm just yet.
The few times I have started 75 hard I have been so into it especially the first week but I just cant this week but I’m not giving up – no way! I am just going to push through even if I walk like a turtle haha – it’ll be better than not doing anything at all – right?
I have been making little videos of my daily rules on my Tik Tok and instagram reels – check it out: