Life can be such a stressful thing. I know I get under a lot of stress and most of the time that stress ends with a full blown anxiety attack! I try not to let it get to that point but hey sometimes life happens and it does. Today I wanted to share a few things I do to destress; sometimes I’ll have to do every single one of these things in one day to destress, sometimes just doing one or two of the things helps alone.
- Go on a walk – sometimes just getting out and getting fresh air helps so much.
- Laugh – I like to put on a comedy movie, funny show, or even bloopers of some of my favorite shows on YouTube and watch and just laugh.
- Take deep breaths – this especially helps with my anxiety, I’ll take a deep breath in and a deep breath out at least 10 to 20 times and that helps so much!
- Take a bath or a hot shower – I wish I had a bath tub to take a nice bubble bath in but I don’t so what I like to do it just take a hot “Bath” meaning I’ll literally just stand in the shower with the hot water running on me for a good few minutes. I will listen to calming music and practice taking deep breaths too.
- Go for a drive – sometimes just going for a drive, listening to music or even podcasts helps me.
- Read – I love to read a book and especially romance books and that makes me forget about everything.
- Take a nap – we all need to recharge, so give your body a bread and take a nap!
- Hug – hugging my husband for a minute or two helps a lot too!
What helps your destress???