I have been very into egg bites lately thanks to Starbucks of course…so I decided that it will be easier and cheaper to make them at home rather then constantly buying them at Starbucks everyday. So this was my 2nd week of meal prepping the egg bites and decided to share the recipe with you. This is the recipe for what I made this week; last weeks was the same thing except I had added bell peppers to them also and husband requested no bell peppers this time around.
What you need:
- 4 cup mixing cup or larger (easier to pour
- 8 eggs
- Ham of your choice
- cheese of your choice
- Salt & pepper
- Non stick spray
- 12 count cupcake pan
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit
- Spray your pan using your non stick spray.
- Crack your eggs into the mixing bowl and whisk it all together along with your salt and pepper.
- Cut up your ham, cheese and other ingredients you wish to use and start layering them in the pan.
- Pour your whisked eggs into each cupcake tins about half way. You can add a little more until its filled to the top but I prefer a little less so I do not fill it all the way.
- Take a fork and lightly stir each of the cupcake tins to mix it all together.
- Put in oven and cook for 20 to 25 minutes depending on how cooked you like your eggs!
- Once cooked, take out of the oven and let it sit for a few mins.
- Run a knife around the egg of the egg bites to remove them.
I usually make this Sunday night and let them cool down completely before I put them in bags and put them in the fridge to enjoy throughout the week.
You can even freeze these by wrapping them individually and putting them into a ziploc bag and freezing them for up to three months. you can thaw them and reheat for 30 seconds or you can simply reheat them for a minute if frozen.
Let me know if you make them 🙂