Well holidays this year will be looking very different thanks to the pandemic. I live in Los Angeles and we are in a stay at home order pretty much for the next 3 weeks so for sure holidays will be at our own homes with who ever lives with us most likely. However, people don’t really listen and I am sure will travel and do get togethers regardless. I will be home with my husband and thankfully my family because we all live together. But here are a few tips to stay healthy during the holidays but mainly during this pandemic because well that is our main thing right now…to be healthy!
- Wash your hands often…if 2020 has taught us anything…it is to constantly wash our hands. You need to be washing for at least 20 seconds; I don’t know about you but I never use to wash it for that long before all this covid stuff, unless I was touching raw meat or something or had poop all over my hands (nanny life).
- Stay warm. I get sick if I go outside and I am not wearing the appropriate clothing, I can be outside in one long sleeve shirt when it is 50 degrees out and think ok its fine I’ll be fine but nope, I end up insanely sick! Layer up!
- Manage stress. If I am under a lot of stress I tend to get so sick to the point where I get ear and throat infections sometimes even bronchitis or my favorite all of it at once which I did get February of 2019…boy that was awful!
- Wellness shots! I tend to grab myself a wellness shot from Pressed Juicery anytime I catch myself starting to feel sick; I will even take them once or twice a week during flu season. A wellness shot is pretty much just ginger, lemon and cayenne juice that you take like a shot! I hate the taste of it but it HELPS! In fact I took a wellness shot yesterday! But do yourself a favor and don’t take these types of shots on an empty stomach…or any shot for that matter!
- Water water water…stay hydrated my friends!!!
- Up your vitamin C intake…I take a lot of vitamin C during the flu season.
- Rest up – give your body a break at least once a week…sleep in, have a lazy laying in bed type of day…its good for you not only physically but mentally and emotionally too!
- Exercise … get your body moving, whether its going for a walk out or even doing yoga!
- Sanitize your hands whenever you are out and about!
- For this pandemic clearly – wear a mask every where you go!
Hope you are staying healthy during this pandemic.